The Regulated Industries Commission, in the performance of its
functions, is legally bound to ensure that certain rights of the customer are
protected. Customers are therefore assured of the following rights:
- The Right to services that are reliable and provided at the lowest
- The Right to products and services that are safe and will not cause
personal harm or damage to property.
- The Right to information about the product and/or service being obtained
from Service Providers.
- The Right to equal access to services.
- The Right to Fair Treatment.
- The Right to non-discrimination in relation to access, pricing and
quality of service.
- The Right to obtain redress from Service Providers in respect of rates,
billing and unsatisfactory service.
- The Regulated Industries Commission is mandated to ensure that Service
Providers initiate Public Education Programs, which inform Consumers of
their responsibilities regarding the products and services provided.
- To ensure that you understand the terms under which the service is being
- That you utilize the services under the guidelines given by the
respective service provider, to ensure your safety and that of those around
- To ensure that the service is paid for when payments are due.
- To keep records of bills and transaction pertaining to the Service
- To report what you consider to be an unsafe product or unfair service.
- To stay informed about any developments concerning the services which