The Regulated Industries Commission as part of its mandate wishes to empower consumers with the knowledge and confidence needed to be able to resolve complaints directly with the Service Providers i.e. T&TEC, WASA.
The Commission provides free impartial information and advice to all electricity and water consumers and acts as a neutral third party or mediator to those who have been unable to obtain redress or those who are dissatisfied with the decision of the Service Provider.
It is important to note that the Regulated Industries Commission can only process complaints that have been first filed with the Service Provider as specified in Section 53(4) of the RIC Act.
For further details on how to make a complaint to WASA and/or T&TEC please click here.
To file a complaint with RIC against a Service Provider with whom you have an unresolved complaint or a decision that you are dissatisfied with, a consumer can:
- Complete and submit the RIC’s online Complaint Form (please click here to access the Online Complaint Form.
- Phone in your complaint via the RIC’s Toll-Free phone number 800-4RIC (4742)
- Submit your complaint via e-mail to email@example.com
- Submit your complaint letter by mail to #88 Queen Janelle Commissiong Street, Port-of-Spain, 100624
- Submit your complaint letter by fax at 624-2027
- Visit the RIC’s office at #88 Queen Janelle Commissiong Street, Port-of-Spain, 100624