RIC Goes Green with the purchase of an Electric Vehicle
The Regulated Industries Commission (RIC) is committed to sustainable development in Trinidad and Tobago by the promotion of environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible choices and decisions. It is in this light, that the RIC recently purchased a fully Electric Vehicle (EV), a Hyundai Ioniq, which is being used as the organization’s messenger/courier vehicle.
Some of the benefits derived from the RIC’s use of an EV would include;
- Savings of more than 70% on fuel costs
- No tailpipe emissions mean no harmful air pollutants which helps to preserve the environment
- Reduced harmful exhaust emissions is good news for a person’s health
- EVs are also quieter than petrol/diesel vehicles, which means less noise pollution
- If renewable energy is used to recharge the EV, then the RIC can reduce its greenhouse gas emissions even further.
The RIC is also in the process of adopting other eco-friendly habits and promoting these lifestyle choices by employing key principles of energy conservation, water conservation and instilling the tenets of reduce, reuse and recycle in its organisation.